St Stephens Place – A distinctive development of homes within the former St Stephens School and Presbytery, Gargrave Road, Skipton.
We were delighted to work with Skipton Properties to honour 170 years of history at St Stephens Place and supply our bespoke made windows and doors to conserve these historic buildings built in 1836 by Thomas and Charles Tempest. The Tempest family have routes in this part of Yorkshire dating back to 1097 and the brothers direct descendant still run nearby Broughton Hall Estate now.
Skipton Properties’ innovative design for the conversion of St. Stephen’s was developed, in conjunction with a heritage specialist and Historic England, to work with the fabric of the buildings and celebrate their Gothic Revival architecture.
We began this project at the beginning of lockdown. Like many developments which have been ongoing over the past 18 months there have been more obstacles than usual to overcome. The idiosyncrasies of the building, the shaped work, the glass specification coupled with a longer lead time for supplies have been challenging, to say the least, but we are very proud to be associated with this project and the superior homes which Skipton Properties have created for future generations to enjoy.