Not sure how to find the right manufacturing company for your work?
Replacing or refurbishing the windows and doors in your home is definitely a great investment. Thus, it is important to choose the right company to do the work for you.
At Patchett Joinery, we believe that it is essential to beware of potential dangers when obtaining quotes for work from various manufacturing companies.
In this guide, you will find out the top 5 tips we suggest on how to make the right choice in quest for manufacturers, ask the right questions and make well considered choices.
Before you start:
If you’re in the market for windows and doors for your new or renovated home, you’ve probably noticed the wide range of options that are available. All different sizes, frames, colours, glazing, and styles, the variety can be a little overwhelming.
- Try to get a reasonable idea of what you want before you start, do some research and decide what your budget is.
- Try to approximately assess the current condition of your windows or door and be aware of the size and the nature of the material you already obtain or desire to refurbish .
- Decide the time period you would like for the work to take place.
- Think about the problems that your windows or doors have, in order to decide the type of product that suits your needs and situation, moving forward.
What to think before making your final decision:
A lot of manufacturers will promise a great deal but under deliver on the results. It is vital to identify low-quality companies and select a partner you can trust and work with long-term.
- Start the evaluation process by asking the manufacturer these questions:
What is their manufacturing expertise in? It is ideal to work with manufacturers who have proven expertise in your product category. Their expertise will definitely “shine” on their case studies, so don’t hesitate to ask them to provide you with past case studies, examples of work as well as samples of products.
Have they ever made any products similar to yours? This gives you proof of whether they have experience shipping your product-type.
Do they have a showroom or details for products on their website? A trustworthy company will definitely invite you to their showroom to have a look and of course provide analytical information on all offered products on their website.
What is their internal quality process? A reliable company will ensure that the products are manufactured to spec.
2. Don’t forget to ask the manufacturer for at least 5 references, ideally from current or recent customers.
3. It is important to search online for customer testimonials and feedback on the company’s customer service and performance.
4. Make sure you check online for the company’s certifications or on their website and beware of any negative reviews and scam alerts!
5. Ask about their minimum order quantity (MOQ), turnaround time, and payment terms, as typically, the lower the per-unit price, the higher the MOQ.
Learning how to find the right manufacturer, who can deliver high-quality products on time according to your needs, is one of the toughest situations, especially in case you don’t have knowledge or expertise on the joinery product manufacturing industry. That’s why it’s important to invest enough time in searching for the right manufacturing partner and follow the tips above to make your search easier!
At Patchett Joinery we have been manufacturing sliding sash windows, casement windows and timber doors for our customers since 1840. All our high quality windows and doors are manufactured and hand-finished at our Bradford factory and supplied throughout the UK.
From design to manufacture and installation, with Patchett Joinery you’re in skilled hands!
Combining the best materials, experience, craftsmen and the latest technological advances, we create wood sliding sash windows and doors to any specification, which stand the test of time.
We use sustainable timber and environmentally-friendly processes to minimise our impact on the natural environment.
From our Bradford site where the timber windows and doors are designed and made, we supply home-owners, architects, tradespeople, construction firms and more throughout the UK.
Patchett Joinery Ltd.
Ryefield House, 180 Highgate Road,
Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD13 1DS
T: 01274 882 331