On our previous post about timber, we talked in great detail about why you should specify timber for your windows and doors and the different kinds of timber we use, such as Engineered Softwood and Hardwood. Timber is more durable, versatile and with excellent environmental qualities, it stands out from the rest of the materials used in window and door manufacturing!
Apart from Hardwood and Softwood, Accoya is now becoming a major player in the timber window market, offering outstanding benefits to homeowners, in terms of stability and durability.
What is Accoya?
Accoya represents a major development in wood technology. It is a sustainable, eco-friendly and FSC-certified wood. Accoya wood is produced from sustainably sourced, fast-growing wood called radiata pine. Accoya undergoes a proprietary, non-toxic acetylation process that permanently modifies the wood to the core. The result: an environmentally-friendly solid wood with durability, dimensional stability and beauty that matches or exceeds even the best tropical hardwood!
Wood You Choose Accoya?
From surface to core, the quality of Accoya is consistently outstanding. Accoya ensures a guarantee of 50 years, offering a remarkable, durable performance. As a long-life wood, Accoya is a leading material that stands up to every challenge and therefore an ideal choice for your timber windows, doors and projects!
Here are the top 5 reasons to choose Accoya:
1. Extremely durable, hard and dimensionally stable: It comes with 50 year-warranty and lasts longer even in exterior use!
2. Thermally efficient and well-insulated: Accoya reflects the sun’s rays and retains warmth, helping your home to retain its heat and reducing energy bills!
3. Eco-friendly: Accoya is made from sustainably sourced radiata pine, it is 100% recyclable and non-toxic because of the acetylation process used to alter the molecular structure of the timber to create Accoya!
4. Easy to work and paint: Accoya can be painted in any colour, and requires less preparation before painting.
5. Listed Building/Conservation Area approved: Accoya products are regularly approved for use in Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas.
At Patchett Joinery, we specialise in the manufacturing and installation of timber doors and windows since 1840. We know which material is best suited to each individual project.
We are proud that we only use sustainable timber and environmentally-friendly processes to minimise our impact on the natural environment.
The most durable of our timbers is Accoya (modified timber) from New Zealand, which is considered as a Class 1 (very durable) type of timber, offering improved stability and reduced maintenance costs.
Why not view our range of timber windows and doors or get in touch today for a chat with one of our friendly staff?
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for daily posts on industry and company news!
Accoya logo and image: Accoya.com
References: Accoya.com, Benefits https://www.accoya.com/why-accoya/benefits/